Today will be a hat grabber in Iowa
It's stupid. It's senseless. But it is true. I hate wind and I'm not talking nice gentle breezes - I'm talking gale force.
Hubby thinks it's silly I get mad at the wind. It's not like I shake my fist at the sky and yell obscenities, it's just that wind ticks me off. Why you ask? WHY?!?!?!?
If you've ever had a car door blown shut and slam on your leg while trying to get in or out of your car; if you've ever been almost blown off your feet into a busy street while unknowingly standing on a patch of ice; if you've ever had your car practically blown into a ditch; if you've ever had things ripped out of your hand, articles of clothing blown off you, things blown at you, your hair blown to bits, tiny grains of sand blown into your contact lenses or knocked off your bike from a sudden gust, you know my pain and no further explanation is needed.
Wind combined with any other type of weather makes it 100x worse.
Rain - not so bad, until you put a good wind behind it strong enough to pull your umbrella out of your hand or blow the rain sideways making your umbrella pointless.
Unbearable heat - add a nice hot wind to go along with it (not a cool refreshing breeze) and it's a little slice of hell. Park yourself in a hot oven with your hair dryer turned on high and tell me how refreshing that feels.
Unbearable cold - for all the obvious reasons.
Snow/hail/sleet - those nice, fluffly, innocent little snowflakes turn into flying shards of glass aimed right for you face! Hail and sleet become weapons of deadly force.
So yes - YES! - I hate wind. With a white hot intensity of a thousand suns, I. HATE. WIND! I'm sure there's a 12 step program for me somewhere.
Blow, winds, and crack your cheeks! rage! blow!
You cataracts and hurricanoes, spout
Till you have drenched our steeples, drowned the cocks!
You sulphurous and thought-executing fires,
Vaunt-couriers to oak-cleaving thunderbolts,
Singe my white head! And thou, all-shaking thunder,
Strike flat the thick rotundity o' the world!
Crack nature's moulds, all germens spill at once
That make ingrateful man! (3.2.1)
- King Lear

Winds of change
Got word a co-worker has resigned and is moving to another department. Not entirely unexpected. The person who resigned is above me in the food chain. It will be interesting to see how the shelving is rearranged. Could be good or bad depending on how you look at it.
Picture: www.despair.com
2 comments:
You know that clothes blowing off thing isn't so bad... just gotta use it to your advantage... Nudge nudge, wink wink...
Reading your post was comforting. I know now that I am not alone.
Post a Comment