I was at home all day yesterday with darling daughter. She woke up with a funny tummy so I was on puke patrol for a couple hours. Once she settled down and was quietly dozing on the couch, I was free to get caught up on some household chores but first I needed a few minutes to "waste time."
"Idle hands are the devil's workshop!"
That may be true but we all need a brain break - we all need unstructured, unfettered time. I highly recommend it for all of those type A personalities out there who are always complaining about having to much to do and yet are constantly looking for more things to add to their list.
Too much time is spent discussing how to maximize our time; how to be more productive; how to achieve more of our goals. Feh! The most important stuff always gets done. Why do I want to sit in a seminar for six hours listening to an overpaid time management guru talking about personal productivity when all it will do is stress me out thinking about all the things I haven't done yet? "Be still, and know that I am God..." - Psalm 46:10
I did get around to household chores eventually but here is what I did during my "wasting time" time. It was a complete and total waste of time and therefore met my objective. It amused me. I hope it will amuse you too.
Avast ye land lubbers!!! It be time for celebrity pirates!!!

Captain Dean likes to yell - a lot!

Don't be fooled by Captain Clooney's catatonic expression. He has lightning fast reflexes.

I am disappointed with Captain Pelosi. She came out looking more like Yule Brynner in the King and I. That and she looks too frightened to be a good pirate.
3 comments:
I feel I am much happier when I don't get too caught up in the MUST do.
Hee hee...I like your pirate series. But how, HOW did you make George Clooney ugly? I mean, it's physically IMPOSSIBLE to make that guy look anything other than edible.
Thanks! Maybe I'll stay on the look out for more potential pirate pics.
Post a Comment