Mother’s Day blues
Don’t ask me what I want to do for Mother’s Day because it doesn’t matter. I have to share the day with darling mother-in-law and it seems like more often than not we do what she wants to do.
This is how things are in our house. I do not have any complaints with hubby – he does the best he can. She is his mother. She lives alone and hubby is an only child. He’s a good son and a good husband but it can be a strain. Even hubby freely admits his mother is a lot like Marie from Everybody Loves Raymond.
Side Note: If there was ever a case for having more than one child, this is it. If you think you might become demanding, childish, overbearing, highly emotional, pushy, manipulative or just plain crazy in your old age, be sure to have many children to help spread the crazy around.
Someone should create a chart that can measure the amount of anticipated “crazy” and give you a corresponding number of recommended children you should have to help absorb said “crazy.” The alternative is to make sure you never become too much for one adult child to handle and no one could ever guarantee that.
Tomorrow, we are going to mother-in-law’s house for lunch. This will sound very selfish and childish but I’m not really looking forward to it.
Saturday, May 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
DMG, Happy Mother's Day from Baghdad. Talked with mine last night, and even was able to speak with my Grandmother. Sure do miss them, as Grandma and I often split a beer or two when we are around, despite the disapproval of the parants... Hope your day improves.
WV = kcrppqy
I am sorry that you have to put up with your crazy mother-in-law. Happy mothers Day!
Hmm. I'm not on the best of terms with my mother, and havn't been for years - but horribly, the idea of missing mothers day (we celebrate it about a month or so ago) would have been dreadful.
Dantares.
Post a Comment